hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving 2.0 forward
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2017 21:31:24 GMT
Hoping to keep momentum going from our Stack working on alpha4, I tried to
take a stab at triaging some of the open beta-1 issues.

I moved some docs stuff out form beta-1 to 2.0-GA, if it gets done sooner
then I'm happy to see it pulled back in. Trying to balance optimism with
realism here, and knowing that documentation unfortunately often gets
pushed to the back-burner.

Also, I poked some folks on unassigned issues that they've filed for
beta-1, especially in the last few days. If issues don't have an owner they
are unlikely to get worked. I chatted with stack and he agreed to take on
some of the tasks, but there's a lot of surface area to cover.

If you you're working on issues that are critical for beta-1, please mark
them as such. Then the rest of the community will know to help prioritize
feedback and reviews there.

Do we have a general theme for the betas like we did with the alphas?

Beta1 is upgrades work from branch1, beta2 is rolling upgrades work as
well? Continue to work on tests throughout?

Mike

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org> wrote:

> +1 go from my POV.
>

> On 10/31/17 10:07 AM, Stack wrote:
>
>> I want to push an alpha-4 today. A few items didn't make it (HBASE-19092).
>> They need more time. We'll pull them in for beta-1. CP API is basically
>> done. There may be some changes for beta-1 but hopefully only changes
>> informed by experience trying to port an existing Coprocessor to hbase2.
>>
>> Shout if there is anything that needs to make alpha-4.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> St.Ack
>>

>> On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yup, that was going to be my plan, Mike!
>>>
>>> Making a pass now, and will check back later tonight again. I see others
>>> have already done some work today on this front.
>>>

>>> On 10/27/17 11:38 PM, Mike Drob wrote:
>>>
>>> Josh - Do you want to kick off a bunch of QA runs? (Do you know how to do

helps

That should

features, no API

Please vote on