hbase-dev mailing list archives

From 张铎(Duo Zhang) <palomino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Removing the bypass semantic from the Coprocessor APIs
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 13:00:44 GMT
These examples are great.

And I think for normal region operations such as get, put, delete,
checkAndXXX, increment, it is OK to bypass the real operation after preXXX
as the semantic is clear enough. Instead of calling env.bypass, maybe just
let these preXXX methods return a boolean is enough to tell the HBase
framework that we have already done the real operation so just give up and
return?

Thanks.