hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Best way to help out with 2.0?
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 03:18:28 GMT
Hi folks,

I find myself in a position where I have a bit more time to start
investing into HBase 2.0, but I find myself a bit stymied about where
to begin. I appreciate the document tracking the high-level features
that Stack has been maintaining (and reminding the rest of us to
update), but it's a bit too high-level when I'm looking for something
concrete to debug/fix and advance the progress.

I can imagine that there are other folks in the same scenario, so I
figured it would be good to ask the question to the group at large.
Some initial thoughts I had on the matter...

* Is a JIRA search for fixVersion=2.0, unassigned, and unresolved meaningful?
* Is looking at busted tests on Jenkins worthwhile? I'd worry about
working on something someone else is already debugging.

- Josh