hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] is hbase-spark integration going to make it into HBase 2.0
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2017 18:37:02 GMT
Hi Folks!

Our Stack recently gave an updated timeline on HBase 2.0 related
releases [1] that has us quickly approaching feature freeze for beta
releases.

Previously, we had a great discussion on what it takes for our
hbase-spark integration to be ready for release[2]. (see the summary
in the scope document I put up on [3]).

Unfortunately, since the start of August my day to day tasks have
pulled me away from focusing on chasing down the goals in the scope
document. Additionally it seems, to me at least, that other folks are
similarly focused on other things.

Is there anyone with enough cycles to work through the milestones
called out in the scope document in time for deadlines that AFAICT are
measured in a handful of weeks?

If not I suggest we either start pulling things out and aim for the
2.1 release, or revisit the possibility of an independent release
cycle run out of an additional ASF repo.

[1]: https://s.apache.org/wedV
[2]: https://s.apache.org/O53T
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-18405