hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry He <jerry...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase Backup Mode
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 00:13:03 GMT
I stumbled across it a long time ago as well.

It was brought in by the very original hfile archiving work (put obsolete
hfiles temperately in archive dir).

Probably it was intended to show, as an example, how to make use of the
archiving work to backup hbase table (with a tracker on zk node of table
names and a new hfile cleaner, etc).

I don't think we should keep it there anymore, particularly after the new
backup work.  We can move it to the hbase-examples if we want to keep it at
all.

Thanks,

Jerry

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 4:13 AM, Lars George <lars.george@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I stumbled across this:

hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/backup/example/HFileArchiveManager.java