hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Samir Ahmic <ahmic.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Removing jersey1* dependencies from project and jersey1*jars form lib dir
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2017 21:04:13 GMT
Hi all,

Recently i have opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-18506
and it is clear that is caused by mixing jersey1 and jersey2 jars in
classpath. With https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-12894 we have
introduced jersey2 to project,  and we also  have bunch of transitive
dependencies (mainly from hadoop) on jersey1 which is not happiest
situation since jersey1 and jersey2 under same classpath can case runtime
issues as it was case with rest.
So if nobody objects i would like to remove hbase dependency on jersey1 in
following steps:

   1. Clean code and replace jersey1 constructs with jersey2 versions(there
   should not be much of this)
   2. Add exclusions for transitive jersey1 dependencies in pom.xml
   3. Add exclusions  in hadoop-two-compat.xml to prevent jersey1 jars in
   lib dir

Is there any reason why we can not remove jersey1 from project ? Any
additional concerns ?

Best Regards
Samir