hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Tamas Penzes <tam...@cloudera.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Remove HTrace 3.2.0-incubating from HBase
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2017 12:54:46 GMT
Hi All,

As far as I know the actual integration of HTrace 3.2 into HBase is far
from satisfying.

This version of the library is old, buggy, not really maintained and the
migration to version 4.x is quite hard (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-14451) and looks like the task
is not getting much closer to the goal.

This is why I think we should remove HTrace now and if we still want to
have some art of tracing (I think it would be useful) then start it from
the baseline.
I have created a ticket for this task:
The removal could be quite fast and reach version 2.0.0 too.

What do you all think?

Thanks, Tamaas