hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Remove HTrace 3.2.0-incubating from HBase
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2017 00:13:37 GMT
> If Phoenix devs are advertising this feature to their users,
> their contributions re: HBase and HDFS maintenance would be well received.

The counter point to this more mindfulness on the part of HBase devs to
interface compatibility impacts would go a long way. See HBASE-18431
and PHOENIX-4076.

Ripping out entirely the only tracing interfaces available is a more
extreme example, although not without cause. (The state of HTrace.)

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands