hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "JH Lin" <match20...@163.com>
Subject why use at least one rowlock to update
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2017 09:55:45 GMT
hi all,i dived into hbase source these days.when i read at the HRegion#doMiniBatchMutation(...)
block then one question flashed in my mind:why did writer use at least one rowlock to implement
mutation?(ie.Puts or Deletes etc)
  since  if i have 10 rows to update,then it means that 9 rows have no rowlocks.so is 'at
least one rowlock' more symbolic than practical significane?
  AFAIK now,i think it's used to verify hbase' basic functions eg. rowlock mechanism.
---
release:hbase-0.94.2
pardon me if it's a bit old,but i just wonder to know its principle inside it.
one more thing, my english is poor,so sorry for any typo.
many thanks~