hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Bijieshan <bijies...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: hbaseconasia2017 slides and a few phtotos
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2017 01:32:57 GMT
Thanks for uploading all the slides and the good write-up, stack....Hope more people will join
us next year:)

Jieshan.
-----Original Message-----
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack
Sent: 2017年8月7日 23:12
To: HBase Dev List <dev@hbase.apache.org>; Hbase-User <user@hbase.apache.org>
Subject: hbaseconasia2017 slides and a few phtotos

We had a nice day out in Shenzhen at HBaseCon Asia last friday [0] (August 4th). There were
a bunch of great talks [1] by the likes of jd.com, huawei, xiaomi, alibaba and others. Those
given in Chinese had best attendance. A good few folks graciously had slides in English for
the language-dumb (like
myself) while their talk native.

A couple of hbase-as-a-service in the cloud are coming down the pipe, a few presenters talked
about being at current scale limits, China Life keeps all data as JSON in hbase instances,
and there was an interesting talk on upping utilization by deploying hbase with kubernetes
(>1 container per node).

Best quote: "HBase is just a kid--it is only ten years old" from our Yu Li talking about interesting
write speedups coming from Alibaba arguing there are many more speedups to be had.

I attached a few pictures. I'll put up more after I fixup the hbasecon home page and redirect
later.

The day after, the 5th, there was a dev meetup at the Huawei office; notes to follow.

Thanks again to the program committee, the sponsors, and to our gracious host Huawei. Jieshan
in particular did an amazing job running the show taking care of speakers.

St.Ack
0.  Click on 'view details' on the right hand side of this page for agenda (eventbrite won't
show the event page at the end of the link
post-the-event): https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hbasecon-asia-2017-
tickets-34935546159#
1. Slides up on slideshare: https://www.slideshare.net/ search/slideshow?searchfrom=header&q=hbaseconasia2017&ud=
any&ft=all&lang=en&sort=
<https://www.slideshare.net/search/slideshow?searchfrom=header&q=hbaseconasia2017&ud=any&ft=all&lang=en&sort=>
​
 _YP99027.JPG
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4a3E58mCyOfTzZubXdMdWlpRGs/view?usp=drive_web>
​
The program committee taking questions at the end of the day....
​
 _YP99181.JPG
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4a3E58mCyOfN1RNM2pmM1d1SlE/view?usp=drive_web>
​​​​​