hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Coprocessor question
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2017 16:44:59 GMT
Hi,

I found the answer to my question through some experimentation.

Inside the Batch.Call.call method, the ServerRpcController object is your friend. Its failed()
method returns true when the coprocessor is not present. Exception information concerning
the missing coprocessor is stored in ServerRpcController, retrievable via the errorText()
and getFailedOn() methods.

Thanks,

Dave

From: Dave Birdsall
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2017 8:35 AM
To: 'dev@hbase.apache.org' <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Subject: Coprocessor question

Hi,

I'm making my first attempt at implementing an endpoint coprocessor.

I've written and built the protobuf, coprocessor class and client side code.

In my first unit test, I thought it would be fun to see what happens if the coprocessor was
not loaded on the server side.

I imagined that I would get some exception, but instead the behavior I see is no exception,
but instead a result of zero messages.

Is this normal behavior?

Thanks,

Dave