hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dockerfiles under dev-support
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 14:51:12 GMT
FWIW, I agree this is all confusing.

> It looks like ./docker/Dockerfile is for Yetus,

Yep! exactly.

> ./Dockerfile

I believe this one is used to provide dependencies needed for running
the dev-support python scripts on builds.a.o.

I think it's used here:

https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-Find-Flaky-Tests/

> ./hbase_docker/Dockerfile

This one has a README. It's meant for devs to use to easily get a
standalone instance based on _master_ on their local machine. AFAIK
it's not used in our builds.a.o stuff.

> ./apache_hbase_topology/Dockerfile is for cluster testing

This one is part of making it so folks can use clusterdock to deploy
master. AFAIK it's not used in our builds.a.o stuff. I suspect we can
remove it in favor of relying on the one that project publishes:

https://github.com/clusterdock/topology_apache_hbase

I think Andrew and Dima were the two I've seen relying on this in the
past for checking RCs, so we should check with them before doing that.