hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: One problem about document change
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2017 14:00:09 GMT
Contributors and committers usually only worry about making documentation
changes to the master branch.

When it comes time to spin up release candidates for a new version, the
release manager usually copies the then-current state of documentation in
the master branch to the branch they'll be working from (in this case
branch-2). Sometimes that documentation is also tailored further to the
release line (e.g. to remove irrelevant feature discussion).