hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Dima Spivak <dimaspi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dockerfiles under dev-support
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 17:01:51 GMT
As a general best practice, it's best to call it Dockerfile and I'd argue
for keeping it that way and just updating documentation/READMEs/comments in
the files to explain any ambiguity. Yes, we can provide unique names and
tell people to use special flags when running Docker builds, but in the
packaging community, the presence of a Dockerfile in a directory suggests
that the contents of that directory form the basis of a Docker image.

+1 to removing the apache_hbase_topology folder since the dedicated
repository for clusterdock is updated more often and will be getting some
love in the coming weeks from yours truly. I can open a JIRA to do that
myself.

-Dima