hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Moving 2.0 forward
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2017 13:04:09 GMT
On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 10:57 PM, ashish singhi <ashish.singhi@huawei.com>
wrote:

> One question regarding upgrade:
> Do we expect the user to move to latest branch-1 release and then upgrade
> to 2.0 version ?

I think, as you seem to, that this is too much to ask Ashish.

I think we should support at the low end going from 1.0.0 to 2.0.0; i.e.
you'd have to upgrade to 1.x if you were running 0.98 before you could go
to 2.0.0.

What do folks think of this? I should start a separate thread on upgrade
expectations?

St.Ack