hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RegionServer info page content
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 20:51:41 GMT
Hey JM,

It is not a "random ID" that a region has, but an MD5 of the prefix, including the table name,
the startkey, and the time the region was created (that part is also missing from the current
description. I am not sure when that description ever was correct. Also, the hbase:meta uses
a different hash, Jenkins, to encode the prefix and the missing trailing dot character is
indicating that.

I will create a JIRA.

Lars

Sent from my iPad