hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.11 (RC0) is available
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2017 02:40:26 GMT
I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of HBase 1.1.11
(HBase-1.1.11RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.11RC0/

Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1170/

Artifacts are signed with my code signing subkey 0xAD9039071C3489BD,
available in the Apache keys directory
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ndimiduk.asc and in our KEYS file
http://www-us.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS.

There's also a signed tag for this release at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hbase.git;a=tag;h=d318fbeef0990e53efb313c1a459cce73ed4edb8

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.10 has been
published for your review, at
https://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.10_1.1.11RC0_compat_report.html

HBase 1.1.11 is the eleventh patch release in the HBase 1.1 line,
continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the
Hadoop and NoSQL communities. This release includes nearly 20 bug fixes
since the 1.1.10 release. Notable correctness fixes include
HBASE-17937, HBASE-18036, HBASE-18081, HBASE-18093, HBASE-16011, and
HBASE-18066.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12340375
and and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.

Let's leave this vote up an extra couple days since HBaseCon is this week.
Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
Sunday, 2017-06-18 as to whether we should release these artifacts as HBase
1.1.11.

Thanks,
Nick