hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop QA failed to build in branch-1 & branch-1.3
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 23:52:49 GMT
Here is the download page for JDK 7 from Oracle:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-
downloads-javase7-521261.html

Even if we accept license on the above page, clicking download will
navigate to login page. This is why it's getting 404.

If we continue to use Oracle JDK 7, whose login should we use ?

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 7:06 AM, Sean Busbey <busbey@apache.org> wrote:

> Are we willing to switch to OpenJDK for our Java 7 tests?
>
> Has anyone checked to see if there's an updated means for install JDK
> 7 from Oracle that works?
>
> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 11:25 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here is the action from hadoop to get around this problem: HADOOP-14474
> >
> > On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 8:26 PM, OpenInx <openinx@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The current problem is:  we got 404 not found returned when we install
> jdk7
> >> ( Oracle Corp changed the jdk7 download link and need accept it's
> license &
> >> login with oracle account ) .
> >> Could we download  JDK7 from our own server, which is independent of
> >> oracle's ?

> OpenJDK,
> like a
> marathon.