hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kunigk <jan.kun...@gmail.com>
Subject Difference between peerData and configuration in ReplicationPeerConfig
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2017 14:01:45 GMT
Hi, I am aware this might be pretty much a newbie question but I struggle
to see any docs on the what peerData and or configuration in
ReplicationPeerConfig should be used for...

  private final Map<byte[], byte[]> peerData;
  private final Map<String, String> configuration;

I would like to use them in a way that I feel apt to support a JIRA I am
working on, but I want to make sure I do not miss the understanding of a
different designated use. The configuration field seems to be quite clear
from the context, but what about peerData?

src/main/ruby/shell/commands/add_peer.rb clarifies the syntax but not the
semantics...
 hbase> add_peer '9', ENDPOINT_CLASSNAME =>
'org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MyReplicationEndpoint',
    DATA => { "key1" => 1 }, CONFIG => { "config1" => "value1", "config2"
=> "value2" },

Again, I hope I am not missing something obvious and would appreciate any
pointer.

Best, J