hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject NOTICE: I just created branch-2, the branch from where we'll cut hbase-2.0.0
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 05:17:52 GMT
Lets start in on the hardening of hbase-2.0.0. All features are in though
in need of test and polish. There are tasks outstanding around migration
from hbase-1 to hbase-2 and narratives to tell our users around timeout,
etc. We still need to update dependencies, revamp defaults, etc., but the
hbase-2.0.0 countdown has started in earnest.

I intend to cut an alpha in the next day or so just so folks can start
kicking the tires even though we are a good ways from beta [1].

To be clear, we are done w/ 'features' for hbase-2.0.0. Bug fixes and
polish only please from here on out. If you have a borderline item or an
item you just can't do w/o, lets discuss.

I just set the version on master branch to be 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

Thanks.
Shout if any issues or in need of clarification on any of the above.
Your hbase-2.0.0 RM.
St.Ack

1.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WCsVlnHjJeKUcl7wHwqb4z9iEu_ktczrlKHK8N4SZzs/edit#