hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branching branch-1.4, volunteering to RM branch-1.4
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2017 23:44:10 GMT
+1 on Andrew being the RM for 1.4 release.
-------- Original message --------From: Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> Date: 6/30/17
 2:37 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: dev@hbase.apache.org Subject: Branching branch-1.4, volunteering
to RM branch-1.4
Greeting HBasers,

It's my intention to create a new release branch, branch-1.4, as seed for a
new 1.4.x code line, with a 1.4.0 release coming within the next two months.

I would like to volunteer to RM this branch.

I would like to create the new branch in ASF git, branch-1.4, as early as
next week.

There are a number of contributions from my colleagues and others that have
been sitting in branch-1 for about a year. As time goes on it will be more
and more difficult to stabilize the current head of branch-1 for release.
There is no time like the present to begin, so let's begin next week!

If you have concerns, please, let's discuss. (smile)

--
Best regards,
Andrew