hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Busbey"<bus...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.2.6 is available
Date Mon, 29 May 2017 16:31:58 GMT
The first release candidate for HBase 1.2.6 is available for download at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.2.6RC0/

Maven artifacts are also available in a staging repository at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1168/

Artifacts are signed with my key (0D80DB7C) published in our KEYS
file at http://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS

The RC corresponds to the signed tag 1.2.6RC0, which currently points
to commit ref

2f9b9e17d0522e36063bf52ecc58576243d20b3f

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.2.5 has been
published for your review, at:

https://s.apache.org/hbase-1.2.6-rc0-compat-report

HBase 1.2.6 is the sixth maintenance release in the HBase 1.2 line,
continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to
the Hadoop and NoSQL communities. This release includes over 25
bug fixes since 1.2.5.

Critical fixes include:

* HBASE-17287 - Master becomes a zombie if filesystem object closes
* HBASE-16630 - Fragmentation in long running Bucket Cache
* HBASE-17717 - Incorrect ZK ACL set for HBase superuser
* HBASE-15941 - HBCK repair should not unsplit healthy splitted region

The full list of fixes included in this release is available at:

https://s.apache.org/hbase-1.2.6-jira-release-notes

and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.

Please try out this candidate and vote +1/-1 on whether we should
release these artifacts as HBase 1.2.6.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours. Given sufficient votes
I would like to close it on June 5th, 2017.

thanks!