hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Doc Review: Accordion: In-memory Compaction
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2017 16:39:40 GMT
Devs:

As a good few of you know already, our brother Edward and sisters
(Anastasia and Eschar) at Yahoo! Research, Israel -- with help from a good
few of you (Ram, Anoop, Duo, Ted, etc.) -- have been working furiously for
a good while now on a new feature for 2.0.0 that does In-memory flushes and
compaction. They are mostly done and are now finishing up the user-facing
[1] and dev-facing [2] documentation. We intend to post both views on the
Apache HBase blog.

I am writing because, while our usual style is to just dump notice of the
posting into dev/user lists after review by those close-in, I'm writing
ahead of the posting petitioning review for two reasons:

# There is the obvious, reviews will help improve the quality of the
posting.
# but, the main reason I am writing is that these samples are a "joy to
read", the dev view in particular. I find that it is of a quality I wish we
could emulate more frequently hereabouts: terse, clear, clean diagrams, and
well reasoned.

If you get a chance, take a look.

We'll probably post to the blog start of next week.

Thanks,
St.Ack

1.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lsDv8mmw3Daz9Rw9zySEI7zXOlLYYy2dyhQoB6gNMcI/edit#heading=h.7eh0oxf0l8yz