hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Moving 2.0 forward
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 20:43:58 GMT
Some status:

AMv2 (HBASE-14614) is near to passing all tests caveat my disabling of all
to-do w/ fsck (fsck needs revamp) and tests that expect that they can move
hbase;meta off master (AMv2 enforces this constraint; it is supposed to be
enforced on AMv1 but meta-on-master is incompletely realized in AMv1 and
AMv2). A few other tests have been disabled for various reasons. See [1]
for full list.

There is a hefty list of TODOs still (Again see the messy doc [1]) but the
only 'blocker', IMO, is community confidence in AMv2. Currently, cluster
tests with chaos fail (new form of 'stuck' regions). Takes time
investigating.

Will keep you all posted.
St.Ack

1.