hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Yates <jesse.k.ya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] More Shading
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2017 18:04:01 GMT
> would ask for a new repo [1]. In here we'd create a new mvn project.

Why get a new repo? A different (new) HBase mvn module that is depended
upon via other modules should cover it, IIRC. That module can handle all
the shading and not include transitive dependencies. Then in "downstream
modules" you should be able to just use the shaded classes. Building would
require doing a 'mvn install', but that's nothing new.

If this was going to support the client I'd be concerned with size of the
resulting jar, with all the potential dependencies, but meh - its the
server only!

Just my $0.02,
Jesse

Jesse Yates