hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Merge HBASE-16961 (Space Quotas) into master
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2017 15:22:20 GMT
I published a current copy of the book -- check out the new chapter on
the feature to start [1]. Then, to walk through using the feature, I'd
take a look at this comment[2] which has a little script to create some
tables/quotas and tries to step you a (contrived) example workflow.

LMK if you have more specific questions. Happy to answer directly or
point you to the code to let you answer it yourself :)

[1] https://people.apache.org/~elserj/hbase/quotas/book.html#space-quotas

Stack wrote:
> Sounds like an excellent idea to me. If I were to take a tour over the
> quotas feature, how would you direct my perambulations Josh?
> Thanks,
> St.Ack
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 9:13 AM, Josh Elser<elserj@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>> Here's a formal thread for discussion on merging the space quota feature
>> (presently in the branch HBASE-16961[1]) into master. The tl;dr on the
>> feature is that this extends the RPC quota feature to include configurable
>> limits on the size of tables and namespaces. Please check the archives for
>> earlier discussion on design if you'd like a more in-depth recap.
>> So far, our Ted and Vlad have devoted cycles to reviewing the code and
>> have given their +1's (Ted along the way, Vlad after the fact). Thanks to
>> both of them.
>> Outstanding, I have to commit the feedback from Vlad (due to PreCommit
>> being hosed -- INFRA-13985), and rebase on top of master once more (these
>> have been rather clean/easy to do). Since both of these tasks are pretty
>> minor, I figured we can start the discussion now
>> Thoughts/Opinions? Objections? Approvals? Cat-photos?
>> - Josh
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-16961

View raw message