hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Merge HBASE-16961 (Space Quotas) into master
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 16:13:39 GMT
Hi folks,

Here's a formal thread for discussion on merging the space quota feature
(presently in the branch HBASE-16961[1]) into master. The tl;dr on the
feature is that this extends the RPC quota feature to include
configurable limits on the size of tables and namespaces. Please check
the archives for earlier discussion on design if you'd like a more
in-depth recap.

So far, our Ted and Vlad have devoted cycles to reviewing the code and
have given their +1's (Ted along the way, Vlad after the fact). Thanks
to both of them.

Outstanding, I have to commit the feedback from Vlad (due to PreCommit
being hosed -- INFRA-13985), and rebase on top of master once more
(these have been rather clean/easy to do). Since both of these tasks are
pretty minor, I figured we can start the discussion now

Thoughts/Opinions? Objections? Approvals? Cat-photos?

- Josh

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-16961