hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <sean.bus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase build sizes
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 21:03:15 GMT
I grabbed one of the items Chris pointed me towards:

If you download the archived artifacts as a zip, it's ~61MiB. If you
uncompressed that zip file, you get ~1.3GiB of logs.

I'm going to try to grab a couple more to make sure it's consistently test logs.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 2:31 PM, Chris Lambertus <cml@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi HBase folks,
> Just wanted to advise you of some build size issues we noticed on the jenkins master.
It looks like over a span of about 2 weeks, the hbase builds are using a very large amount
of storage in the retained builds directory:
> 79G        PreCommit-HBASE-Build
> 72G        HBase-1.3-JDK8
> 68G        HBase-1.3-JDK7
> 60G        HBase-1.2-JDK7t
> 59G        HBase-1.2-JDK8
> 51G        HBase-1.2-IT
> 36G        HBase Website Link Ckecker
> Each stored build appears to use on the average of 600-1.1GB of disk space, and there
are over 200 builds in two weeks for PreCommit-HBASE-Build alone. Some are much smaller (1-8MB.)
> We are running a bit low on storage on the jenkins master, so anything you could help
us do to reduce the footprint here would be appreciated.
> I’ve already discussed this a bit with Sean Busbey on Hipchat, he asked me to follow
up here.
> Thanks,
> -Chris
> ASF Infra