hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Moving 2.0 forward
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 22:50:44 GMT
Just a quick update (Please feel free to amend your own status in our
hbase-2.0 doc [1]).

On the criticals:

+ Little progress on the blocker AMv2. A month or more necessary still
before code complete (Estimate)
+ Accordion (inmemory compaction) progressing nicely as is the offheap
read/write path. Both are almost done.
+ Rolling upgrade testing. No work done.
+ No recent work on core decision tasks (clean-up narrative around RPC
timeout, hbase:meta on master or not, batch vs partial semantic, etc.)

Non-criticals/Ancillaries

+ Async client and C++ client are both making good progress. Not done.
+ Backup/Restore is making good progress
+ RegionServer-based assignment got a bunch of scrutiny lately and is now
'done'.
+ FileSystem Quotas making good progress.

I'm seeing another month or two at least before branch and probably three.
See doc [1] for more detail.

Yours,
St.Ack

1.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WCsVlnHjJeKUcl7wHwqb4z9iEu_