hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A suggestion for releasing major versions faster (Was: NOTICE: Nice testimony on benefits of the offheap read-path work now up on our blog)
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 21:52:04 GMT
Oh, I don't know. I may never be comfortable with a backport of MOB into
branch-1, but a branch-2 including it would be fine.

And my point is not that making a branch-2 out of branch-1 is desirable,
simply that it could be the most practical way forward if we are stuck on
master with too much unfinished work that cannot be reverted in order to
make a production ready release.