hbase-dev mailing list archives

From jeff saremi <jeffsar...@hotmail.com>
Subject hbase-default.xml seems to be for an older version of HBase
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2017 02:47:05 GMT
I get this baffling error message after doing a compilation of Hbase rel/1.2.2 (on Windows/Mingw)
and running it on a windows server.

Looking at the source, hbase-default.xml is in the hbase-common project and I verified it
to be included in the runtime jar file.

I cannot say anything about the contents of this file since it seems to be filled with references
and place holders. I am attaching it as extracted from the hbase-common-1.2.2jar.

Thanks

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: hbase-default.xml file seems to be
for an older version of HBase (1.2.2), this version is Unknown
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.checkDefaultsVersion(HBaseConfiguration.java:71)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.addHbaseResources(HBaseConfiguration.java:81)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.create(HBaseConfiguration.java:96)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.main(HRegionServer.java:2660)