hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: Create "branch RM" roles for non releasing branches branch-1, branch-2 (when it exists), and master
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 18:26:24 GMT

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Andrew Purtell <andrew.purtell@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to see branch-1 be our new long term stable branch and so to be maintained
for roughly as long as 0.98 was: three years from first release (1.0.0).

I would definitely not be comfortable retiring branch-1 any time this
CY, given the unknown state of both the 2.0 release process and how
long that branch has been without a release. Three years from 1.0.0
puts us at February 2018. The 0.98 branch had the benefit of nearly 2
years overlap with branch-1 releases; should branch-1 have a similar
window with branch-2?