hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Draining mode and graceful decommissioning
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2017 14:56:34 GMT

This is along the lines of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-10367

Since we have draining mode, should we not in the meantime at least
replace the balancer stop/start step in graceful_stop.sh with simply
setting the draining mode for the server? This would less impact any
other balancer work.

BTW, I tried on 1.3 to figure the state of the balancer handling the
draining mode flag for a node, and it seems to do the right thing (see
https://www.evernote.com/l/ACHWQmzwekZN9LIVcInLjviefhwngwuhqJE) - are
there any concerns that it does not? Enis (and Stack in the original
JIRA) mentioned something about it only being implemented in one part,
but not the other?

View raw message