hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry He <jerry...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.24 release candidate (RC0) is available
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 20:26:08 GMT
Happy new year!

+1

- Downloaded the src tarball.
  - Checked the md5 and signature.  Looks good.
  - Built from source.
  - Unit test suite, 2 times.  All passed.
  - mvn apache-rat:check   Passed

- Download the hadoop-2 bin tarball.
 -  Checked the md5 and signature.  Looks good.
 -  Untar it.  Layout looks good.
 -  Started a local instance.  Run the 'hbase shell' with some basic table
commands.  Looks good.

-  Bulit YCSB 0.12.0 from git source with HBase binding pointing to 0.98.24
RC0 using https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
orgapachehbase-1161/ .
-  Run YCSB workloads again the local 0.98.24 RC0 instance.  Works fine.
-  Run the same YSCB against a HBase 1.2.0 cluster.  Works fine.

Thanks.

Jerry