hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry He <jerry...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 1.3.0 release candidate (RC0) is available
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 05:01:15 GMT
Hi, Mikhail

It looks like the hadoop 2.5.1 bundled with the HBase 1.3.0 would make the
HBase servers (master and region server) fail/abort in a Kerberos
environment after the initial server login expires. It happens on Java 1.8.
This seems to be the related JIRA:
The root problem is UGI#reloginFromKeytab.  It happened on my HBase 1.3.0
RC0 testing cluster with OpenJDk 1.8.0_101-b13 after 24 hours.

Since Java 1.8 is supported by HBase 1.3.0.  I think we probably should
call it out in a documentation.

Thanks.

Jerry