hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Apekshit Sharma <a...@cloudera.com>
Subject Reminder: Please use git am when committing patches
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 19:55:38 GMT
Hi devs,

A recent question by new contributor (thread: Git Pull Request to HBase)
and looking at history of commits, i think it is worth re-iterating that
committer should use *git am* while committing patches so that whoever did
the actual work gets appropriate credit in git history.
In case the patch uploaded is unformatted patch (without author tag),
please use
*git commit --author=<foo>.*
I don't think we should be lax about it as a community if the original
author doesn't get appropriate credit.

-- Appy