hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Apekshit Sharma <a...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Git Pull Request to HBase
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 19:47:13 GMT
Hi Chetan, Ted

It's the right question to ask. One who does the work should get the
credits, and that means commit authorship too.
That's where the script submit_patch.py which i wrote a while back helps
too. If contributors use the script to submit formatted patch (instead of
just git diff and uploading raw patch), it makes sure that author field is
set correctly. So when a committer commits the patch 'in the right way',
original author gets the credit.

In this case however, i think Ted forgot to use git am, which made him the
author on commit.

@Ted: Please revert the old commit and use git am so that Chetan is
credited correctly.

Thanks