hbase-dev mailing list archives

From 张铎(Duo Zhang) <palomino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reminder: Please use git am when committing patches
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 00:29:01 GMT
See here, our committer guide says that the commit message format should be
HBASE-XXX XXX (the actual author).

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#_commit_message_format

I think the rule was setup when we were still on svn, but we do not change
it.

I‘m a big +1 on always using 'git am' if possible, and set
author explicitly when using 'git commit'. One more thing is that, do not
forget to add --signoff :)

Mind opening a issue to modify the above section in hbase book, Appy?

Thanks.