hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving 2.0 forward
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 18:40:37 GMT
Considerations for a new branch-2 and branch-1 are orthogonal in my opinion.

I intend to volunteer to be the RM for branch-1 itself (we've not had one before) as necessary
for it to become a stable source of incremental releases for a long time, similar to how we
had 0.98 active for almost three years while 1.x development took place. Where I work we plan
to have branch-1 based code in production for at least one year, probably longer.

Given the above arrangement, releases from branch-1 and branch-2 would have independent roadmaps
and release timelines.

Does this sound reasonable?