hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.24 release candidate (RC0) is available
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2016 18:44:55 GMT
Happy new year!

Here's to 2017 being better than 2016.

As you return from vacation et cetera in the coming week, please consider taking the time
to vote on one last 0.98 release candidate. We only need two +1s besides my own to get it
out.

> On Dec 21, 2016, at 6:55 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
>
> The 1st HBase 0.98.2​4 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-0.98.24RC0
and Maven artifacts are also available in the temporary repository https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1161/
. The git tag corresponding to the candidate is '0.98.24RC0' (9c13a1c).

> The detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release with respect to
the previous is available for your review at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-0.98.24RC0/0.98.23_0.98.24RC0_compat_report.html
​. There are no reported compatibility issues.

> The ​33​ issues resolved in this release can be found at https://s.apache.org/qDNI
.

> I have made the following assessments of this candidate:
>
>     - Release audit check​: pass​ (7u80)
>
>     -​ Unit test suite: pass 20/20 iterations (7u80)​
>
>     - Loaded 1M keys with LTT (10 readers, 10 writers, 10 updaters (20%): all keys verified,
no unusual messages or errors, latencies in the ballpark (8u102)

>     - IntegrationTestBigLinkedList ​1B rows: 100% referenced, no errors (8u102, Hadoop
2.7.3)

>     - Built head of Apache Phoenix 4.x-HBase-0.98 branch​:​ ​no errors (7u80)

> Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for at least 72
hours. Unless objection I will try to close it ​Tuesday January 3, 2017 if we have sufficient
votes.

> --
> Best regards,
>
>    - Andy
>
> If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. - Raymond Teller (via Peter
Watts)