hbase-dev mailing list archives

From 小展 <q...@qq.com>
Subject why don't design a API to check namespace exist like #tableExists
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2016 15:15:28 GMT
Hi, guys
	In Admin class , we still  haven’t a  api to check  the namespace exist . Now ,  when I
 want to check a namespace exist in my cluster , I  use  #getNamespaceDescriptor。 If catch
NamespaceNotFoundException than return false,otherwise return true . I don’t think that’s
a good  way . And I also find in   TableNamespceManager class we used doesNamespaceExist(final
String namespaceName) to check  namespace exist .

I don’t know is there I miss something .

If you have better way Or we should add a api ? Please tell me .