hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Jiang <syuanjiang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving 2.0 forward
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2016 20:16:43 GMT
Hello, Andrew, I was a helper on Matteo so that we can help each other
while we are focusing on the new Assignment Manager work.  Now he is not
available (at least in the next few months).  I have to be more focused on
the new AM work; plus other work in my company; it would be too much for me
to 2.0 RM alone.  I am happy someone would help to take primary 2.0 RM role
while I am still help to make this 2.0 release smooth.

For branch-2, I think it is too early to cut it, as we still have a lot of
moving parts and on-going project that needs to be part of 2.0.  For
example, the mentioned new AM (and other projects, such as HBASE-14414,
HBASE-15179, HBASE-14070, HBASE-14850, HBASE-16833, HBASE-15531, just name
a few).  Cutting branch now would add burden to complete those projects.

thanks
Stephen