hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject update_all_config and masters
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2016 14:46:55 GMT
Hi,

It seems that the update command is only iterating over the region servers:

public void updateConfiguration() throws IOException {
  for (ServerName server : this.getClusterStatus().getServers()) {
    updateConfiguration(server);
  }
}

This leaves out the masters, which you have to trigger manually. In
addition the real master name is hard to find, as the UI is stripping
of the port and timestamp part. I had to use zk_dump to get the
current master server name to send an explicit "update_config" to it.

Should the "update_all_config" not include the masters? I would say so.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Lars