hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] breaking apart runtime dependencies for services and tools (was [DISCUSSION])
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 16:57:53 GMT
In particular, does anyone have a problem with us restructuring our
assembly so that we break out the dependencies needed for runtime of
our service processes and those needed for particular tools (like the
IT tests in the case of junit).

2.0 seems like a good time to introduce this kind of breaking layout
change, to me.

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 3:23 AM, Jan Hentschel
<jan.hentschel@ultratendency.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Sean Busbey and I had a quick chat about HBASE-16555 and HBASE-12909 covering needed
dependencies for running the tests. Currently JUnit is declared as a compile dependency in
the parent POM. Both tickets try to change it to test scope. Sean and I try to create a list
seperating dependencies needed for running the tests and the general runtime dependencies
and would appreciate some help. Which dependencies are really needed as a runtime dependency
and which are better scoped for test runs?