hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Providing guidance to would-be committers
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 17:39:54 GMT
Hi folks!

I'd like us to put together a document like the one Hadoop did to help
contributors interested in more project responsibilities get set up as
committers[1]. In addition, I'd like to make sure we include some
pointers on advancing to PMC status. (beyond the fact that I will
personally propose for the PMC and vote in favor of anyone who shows
up to vote on maintenance releases.)

What do folks think? What do y'all like about the hadoop example? What
would you like to see in one for us?

I'm especially interested in the opinions of folks who are not yet
committers on what they'd like to see explained. Same for folks who
are not yet PMC on what they'd like to see explained about that role.

[1]: http://hadoop.apache.org/committer_criteria.html

--
busbey