hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Antonov <olorinb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] EOL 1.1 Release Branch
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 21:31:52 GMT
On the original topic - on one hand, the fewer code lines we maintain the
better, as less volunteering time and efforts
are spent on that. Also does postponing of EOL-ing of older releases slow
down adoption of newer releases?

On the other hand, if we believe ITBBL is broken / unreliable for some
release this is a bad state to be in.

@Andrew - I think this is also a question of what exactly is deemed wrong
with ITBLL. What kind of issues do you observe
 on 1.2? Do you observe data loss (unref / undef keys after Verify run), or
does job fail to complete because regions in transition / offline,
or is it something else? How reproducible is that for you? Could you share
some more details of your experiments
(should it be a separate thread, probably?)

-Mikhail

--
Thanks,
Michael Antonov