hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About time for another 0.98 RC - delay until early December
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2016 19:08:00 GMT
While reviewing branch-1 history for possible inclusion in 0.98 I found
HBASE-16450 and HBASE-16947. Nice! I will have the backport of these tested
early next week, but then am off on vacation without access to any computer
except my phone until the beginning of December. Unless someone would like
to step forward and volunteer to run a 0.98 release in my absence, let's
just wait until then.I think that is fitting - one more 0.98 release in
2016, perhaps the final one. (Depends if someone wants to pick up the torch
and carry it in 2017 and beyond.)

So look for a 0.98 RC in early December. If at all possible I will include
this nice improvement to replication tooling as well as the other
applicable replication metrics/tooling improvements and bugfixes like
HBASE-16870.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy