hbase-dev mailing list archives

From <tof...@ymail.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] No regions on Master node in 2.0
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 19:43:22 GMT
> In the absence of more information, intuition says master carries meta to avoid a whole
class of problems.
Off-hand I think the class of problems we'll eliminate are problems that are well understood
and being constantly dealt with and hardened to this day (ie puts to a region).
> I think we have to evaluate whether the new pv2 master works with remote meta updates
and the fact that those updates can fail partially or succeed without theI think failing
meta updates need to be dealt with either way AFAIK eventually procedure state will be stored
in HDFS which is also a distributed system.

    On Saturday, November 12, 2016 9:45 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:

 Thanks Stack and Enis. I concur, it's hard to say for those not intimate
with the new code.

--
Best regards,

  - Andy