hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Liu <tof...@ymail.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] No regions on Master node in 2.0
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 19:37:40 GMT
Just some extra bits of information:

Another way to isolate user regions from meta is you can create a regionserver group (HBASE-6721)
dedicated to the system tables. This is what we do at Y!. If the load on meta gets too high
(and it does), we split meta so the load gets spread across more regionservers (HBASE-11165)
this way availability for any client is not affected. Tho agreeing with Stack that something
is really broken if high priority rpcs cannot get through to meta.
Does single writer to meta refer to the zkless assignment feature? If isn't that feature has
been available since 0.98.6 (meta _not_ on master)? and we've been running with it on all
our clusters for quite sometime now (with some enhancements ie split meta etc).
Cheers,Francis

    On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 10:47 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

 On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 10:44 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Gary Helmling <ghelmling@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Do you folks run the meta-carrying-master form G?
>
> Pardon me. I missed a paragraph. I see you folks do deploy this form.
St.Ack