hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Antonov <olorinb...@gmail.com>
Subject State of 1.3 first RC
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2016 00:17:46 GMT
Guys,

I've been working on getting the first RC out this week and want to share
an update on the current state of the things.

 - HBASE-16951 - was found and fixed, when we don't include
hbase-archetypes in the tarball assembly
 - HBASE-16570 - optimization that caused a regression in the balancer, it
was reverted from 1.3. Once fixed that would go to 1.4 and perhaps 1.3.1.
 - HBASE-16743 - flaky TestSimpleRpcScheduler, fixed now (I ran several
cycles of 50 iterations each and all have passed).

Now, there's presently one remaining blocker - HBASE-16964, when we don't
properly handle archiving of store files after compactions (thanks Gary for
digging into that!).
See the jira for details.

Also, as a note - the above is a third major bug around compactions that we
saw on 1.3 during our testing last month (see also HBASE-16788
and HBASE-16754)..
So during the upcoming RC testing let's try to stress this area.

Until 1.3 is out let's consider branch-1.3 to be in a lockdown for new
changes. Ping me if you think there is something that I'm missing that
should go out in 1.3. Otherwise,
important but non-blocker fixes in flight would go in 1.3.1.

Stay tuned!
Mikhail